1. What do you propose to do? [20 words]
Build a national network of independent, local urban news and affairs websites.
2. Is anyone doing something like this now and how is your project different? [30 words]
There are networks like the Streetsblog Network and Investigative News Network…
The nonprofit for which I work, Next American City, is in the running for the Knight News Challenge. A win would sure land us the resources to continue doing what we do. So if you value good, sober reporting on urban policy issues—with a scope ranging from the hyper-local to the international—please take three seconds to like and reblog our application (the top five reblogged orgs automatically become finalists). There aren’t many other media outlets out there reporting on urbanism in quite the way we do, and as topics like sustainability gain ever more prominence, forums like ours can keep the conversation going. So whattya say?
- matthewbevilacqua likes this
- matthewbevilacqua reblogged this from newschallenge1 and added:
- dianalindcity likes this
- dianalindcity reblogged this from newschallenge1
- newschallenge1 posted this